Tuesday, May 2
*KCCA vs Onduparaka, Lugogo – 4pm
*Vipers Vs Gaddafi, Kitende – 7pm
- Vipers will continue to be without Striker Yunus Sentamu due to a knee injury
- Livingston Mulondo was stretchered off against SC Villa and will miss out
- Murushid Juuko and Alfred Mudekereza are long term absentees
- For Gaddafi, Elvis Ngonde remains out as he serves a red card he got against Arua Hill
- Richard Bbosa and Simon Sserunkuma are both injured
- Dan Birikwalira missed the game against KCCA but may face his former team
•Vipers SC – Fabien Mutombora, Ashraf Mandela, Isa Mubiru, Rogers Torach, Hilary Mukundane, Siraje Sentamu, Bright Anukani, Milton Karisa, Dissan Galiwango, Karim Ndugwa, Abubakar Lawal
•Joel Mutakubwa, Andrew Waiswa, Bakali Magumba, Amir Kakomo, John Byamukama, Mahad Yaya, Yunus Sibira, Brian Kalumba, Joel Madondo, Sadiq Ssekyembe, Alex Kitata
Vipers Seek To Bounce Back
Vipers will be going all out to return to winning ways when they welcome Gaddafi in a league game at Kitende.
The Venoms come into this fixture on the back of a 1-0 defeat to SC Villa at Wankulukuku.
Charles Bbaale scored the goal to see Vipers slip seven points below leaders SC Villa who have played three games more on them.
And with KCCA who sit five points above in second place, coach Alex Isabirye is well aware of the fact that there is no room for error.
But Vipers are still at an advantage given the fact that if they win their remaining games, they will move atop.
And in Gaddafi, they face a side that has nothing to fight for – They sit 10 points below Vipers and as many points above relegation.
Things have not gone as expected at Gaddafi, a side that wanted to compete for the title after getting in new coach Wasswa Bbosa.
But with the deal to bring in Modern as a sponsor falling through, hell broke loose.
They have lost two on the bounce including the recent 1-0 defeat against KCCA thanks to Julius Poloto’s goal.
But Gaddafi will be hoping for another upset having won the reverse fixture 1-0 at Kakindu thanks to Alex Kitata’s early goal.
- Vipers are third with 39 points after 21 games
- Vipers have conceded just two goals at Kitende in the league this season!
- The Venoms have lost four games this season, all 1-0 and coming on the road
- Gaddafi are 10th on the log with 29 points in 23 games
- They have scored 20 goals and conceded as many (20).
- Gaddafi have lost seven of their eleven (11) away games this season
Head To Head
Vipers Vs Gaddafi
Gaddafi 1-0 Vipers
Vipers 2-0 Gaddafi
Gaddafi 1-3 Vipers