Tuesday, April 25
•Maroons vs UPDF, Luzira
•Arua Hill vs Vipers, Barifa
•Bright Stars vs Express, Kavumba
- David Ndihabwe, Opio Belmos and Samson Kigozi are ruled out for Maroons with injuries.
- The rest of the squad is fit and ready for selection.
- UPDF will be without Defender Samson Kasozi due to Yellow Cards accumulation
- Goalkeeper Simon Mabuya, Defender Moses Kiggundu and Leftback Arafat Galiwango are back for the Army side
*Maroons – Simon Tamale (GK), Olega Ceaser, Kigozi Fredrick, Jacob Okao, Patrick Bayiga, Orombi Ronald, Okot Felix, Abel Eturude, Amaku Fred, Solomon Walusimbi, Abraham Tusubira.
*UPDF – Were Derrick (GK), Kawagu Christopher, Oyirwoth Daglas, Moses Kiggundu, Bernard Muwanga, Okello Donato, Ibrahim Wammanah, Yiga Frank, Ivan Ahimbisibwe, Mugisha Rogers, Nsimbe Badru Jibril.
Preview: Bragging Rights at stake in the Forces Derby
Bragging Rights will be up for grabs as the Maroons seek to detain the UPDF at the Luzira prisons ground in the Uganda Premier League.
After a 1-0 defeat on the road against Blacks Power at the Akibua Memorial stadium, Maroons will hope to return to winning ways at their back yard.
Muhammad Senfuma’s charges are winless in their last three matches after their unbeaten start to the second round was ended against Blacks Power, they have drawn twice.
Maroons have picked maximum points in three of the seven league games this year, with three draws and just one defeat.
Against UPDF, they will look forward to avoiding consecutive defeats to Relegation threatened teams.
They will bank on the Bombo based side’s poor record on the road as the side has won just one game away from home this season against Wakiso Giants.
UPDF on the other side had turned their season around this year after three consecutive victories against Bright Stars, Wakiso Giants and Arua Hill.
However, their impressive run hit a stumbling block after they succumbed to a 1-0 home loss to Vipers at the Bombo Barracks Ground to pull them back to Relegation mix.
The Army side sit just three points above 14th-placed Blacks Power who occupy the last relegation slot.
Brian Ssenyondo’s side has managed three wins, three draws and two loses in the second half of the campaign.
They will have to be at their best to end Maroons’s six-game unbeaten run at home. The Prison Warders have lost just once in Luzira – a 3-1 defeat by Blacks Power in November – this season.
Both Maroons and UPDF will seek to bounce back after dropping all the three points in their previous matches.
In this fixture, both sides have managed just one win – all 1-0 at their respective homes – in five meetings, with their last three matches all ending in stalements.
They played out a goalless draw in the reverse fixture at the Bombo Barracks Ground in November.
- Maroons are 11th on the log with 27 points after 21 matches. 6W, 9D, 6L.
- The Prison Warders have scored 22 goals and conceeded 25 times.
- In their last five matches, the Luzira based side have two wins and draws apiece and one defeat.
- UPDF sits 13th in the standings with 22 points. 5W, 7D, 10L.
- The Bombo based side have found the back of the net 19 this season and allowed 32 against them in 22 matches.
- Their form in the last five matches stands at three wins, a draw and a defeat.
Head to Head
Maroons ?-? UPDF
UPDF 0-0 UPDF
UPDF 0-0 Maroons
Maroons 1-1 UPDF
UPDF 1-0 Maroons
Maroons 1-0 UPDF