Tuesday, April 25
•Bright Stars Vs Express FC – Kavumba
•Maroons Vs UPDF – Luzira
•Arua Hill Vs Vipers – Barifa
- Arua Hill welcome back goalkeeper Richard Anyama who has missed the club’s recent games
- Geriga Atendele, Rashid Kawawa and Rashid Muhammad are listed as absentees
- Ivan Eyamu will require a late fitness test while Ibrahim Musa is at School
- For Vipers, Karim Watambala and Bright Anukani are back and travelled with the team
- Yunus Sentamu is out after limping off against URA FC
- Murushid Juuko and Alfred Mudekereza remain long term absentees
*Arua Hill – Richard Anyama, Isaac Okello, Rashid Toha, Richard Matovu, Paul Musamali, Gibson Adinho, Ibrahim Faizul, Gaddafi Wahab, Jacob Kamwesiga, Isaac Ogwang, Innocent Media
*Vipers SC – Fabien Mutombora, Ashraf Mandela, Issa Mubiru, Livingston Mulondo, Hilary Mukundane, Siraje Sentamu, Bright Anukani, Milton Karisa, Karim Ndugwa, Abubakar Lawal, Ibrahim Orit
Preview: Vipers Aim at Closing Gap Atop
Vipers will be seeking to close in on leaders Villa and KCCA when they face off with Arua Hill in the league on Tuesday at Barifa.
This is one of Vipers’s four rescheduled league fixtures which was moved to create room for Vipers who were then taking part in CAF Champions League.
The Venoms sit seven points below SC Villa who have played four games more.
And a win will see the side also move two points below second-placed KCCA who have played two games more.
It promises to be a compact schedule for Vipers who may play a game every after three days!
They come into this fixture off the back of a 1-1 draw with URA at Kitende and will have less time to rest as they visit SC Villa on Saturday at Wankulukuku.
Arua Hill on the other hand, will be a hard nut to crack after winning back to back games against SC Villa and Gaddafi in the league.
Vipers lost 1-0, goal by Alfred Leku, last season when they visited Arua Hill at Barifa.
This season, the Venoms beat Arua Hill 1-0 at Kitende with Milton Karisa on target in a game that was marred by Ashraf Mandela incident.
- Fifth on the log with 33 points after 21 games and can move level on points with Vipers if they win
- Won seven of their 10 games in the league this season at Barifa. Drawn once and lost to BUL and SC Villa
- Unbeaten in last three league games (2 wins and one draw)
- Sit third on the table with 36 points after 19 games
- Have conceded 8 goals this season, the least so far
- Vipers three losses this season have come on the road – Busoga United, Gaddafi and KCCA
Head To Head
Arua Hill Vs Vipers
Vipers 1-0 Arua Hill
Vipers 3-1 Arua Hill
Arua Hill 1-0 Vipers