Ugandan referee Monica Nassuna has been nominated to officiate at the 2022 FIBA U17 Women World Cup, The-SportsNation has learnt.
The event will be an international basketball competition held in Debrecen, Hungary from 9 to 17 July 2022.
Its the latest achievement for Nassuna who is currently in Cairo for the ongoing BAL Qualifiers.
Monica who started officiating in 2014, became Uganda’s first female International Basketball Referee two years later.
In 2020, she became Uganda’s first international Referee of FIBA 3X3 style of basketball and officiated at the FIBA 3X3 Africa cup of Nations in Kampala 2019.
Nassuna played basketball for teams in the Uganda National Women League with MUK Cubs and MUK Sparks, KCCA Leopards, Magic Stormers and Angels Basketball Club.
She attained her Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Management at Kyambogo University.
She has had several sports courses which include a Diploma in Management of Olympic Sport Organizations and a Certificate in Sports Administrators’ Course.
Events Monica Nassuna has officiated at;
• Franchophonie games in Ivory Coast 2017
• U19 Women world cup in Bangkok Thailand 2019
• Women Pre Olympic qualifiers in Mozambique 2019
• U18 men and Women Afrobasket in Cairo 2020
• U16 men and women Afrobasket in Cairo 2021
• Road to BAL in Tanzania 2021
• She is also part of the officiating team in Basketball Africa League (BAL) Nile Conference in Cairo Egypt.