Friday, December 10
•KCCA FC vs Police FC – Lugogo
•Gaddafi Vs SC Villa – Gaddafi Arena
•Tooro United Vs BUL FC – Buhinga
•Bright Stars Vs Arua Hill – Kavumba
Saturday, December 11
•Busoga United Vs Vipers – Njeru
•Mbarara City Vs Onduparaka – Kakyeka
•URA FC Vs Express – Ndejje
•Wakiso Giants Vs UPDF FC – Wakissha
- Gaddafi FC will miss the services of Andrew Waiswa (hamstring), Joel Madondo (Concussion) and Ronald Obele (undisclosed)
- Paul Musamali, Willis Otongo, Godwin Kawagga and Faisal Muwawu are back.
- For SC Villa, Goakeeper Meddie Kibirige is back from an injury
- Ali Bayo is pending late fitness test while Travis Mutyaba went to Tanzania with the Uganda Cranes
Gaddafi FC – Paul Mujapani, Karenzi Buchochera, Hassan Musana, Umar Kyeyune, Paul Musamali, Yunus Sibira, James Otim, Franco Onen, Alex Kitata, Amos Kirya, Faisal Muwawu
SC Villa XI: Meddie Kibirige, Gavin Kizito Mugweri, Joseph Kafumbe, Fred Gift, Kenneth Ssemakula, Amir Kakomo, Salim Abdallah, Nicholas Kabonge, Sadam Masereka, Goffin Oyirwoth, Oscar Mawa
Preview: Onen Urges Players To Approach Match With Positivity
Gaddafi FC host record league winners SC Villa in what promises to be a pulsating affair at Gaddafi Arena in Jinja.
The Hosts sit two points and just a place above Petros Koukouras’ side and will need to extend that gap with maximum points on Friday.
Coach Alex Onen is well aware of the magnitude of this encounter between the two struggling sides and has rallied his players to put up a show.
“This match is so demanding for both teams if you look at the positions of both teams on the table,” stated Onen.
“We are not safe so it’s only the win that can spring us out of this to safety. We must approach it with positivity so that we can gain maximum points.”
Gaddafi return at home where they lost 3-1 to Vipers and will be hoping to take all three points on the day against a Villa side that has struggled to hit the ground running.
They will miss Frank Mulimi and Steven Munguchi who travelled with the Ugada Cranes for a friendly with Tanzania.
The Visitors managed to avoid defeat against URA FC at Njeru but it’s a game they should have won having squandered a lead twice.
They have only one win to show in their last six games and another poor result on Friday will continue to cast the future of Coach Petros Koukouras in doubt.
- Club sits 11th with 10 points from 9 games (2W, 4D, 3L)
- They have let in 13 goals, only Tooro United (23) have conceded more
- Winless in last three league games
- Sit 12th on the table with 8 points from 7 games (2W, 2D, 3L)
- Yet to score a goal away from home.
- Drew 2-2 with URA FC in their last league game.