Thursday, September 23
*Express FC Vs BUL FC – 3:30pm
Express FC and BUL FC face off in the second semifinal of the Stanbic Uganda Cup at FUFA Technical Centre in Njeru on Thursday.
The semis are being played on a one-leg tie basis after FUFA revised the competitoon rules due to Covid19.
Winner will meet Vipers in Sunday’s final at Njeru. The Venoms beat Police 2-0 in Tuesday’s first semifinal.
- Express FC will be without winger Godfrey Lwesibawa due to a knee injury
- Denis Otim set to start in goal because first choice goalkeeper Joel Mutakubwa (new signing) is not licensed.
- For BUL, Winger Ambrose Kirya returns from a year-long injury and now set for his debut
- They lost a couple of players in the concluded transfer window including Robert Mukongotya and Deogracious Ojok.
Preview: Red Eagles Target BUL Scalp
Express FC have full focus on Stanbic Uganda Cup after elimination from CAF Champions League.
The Red Eagles, despite winning 2-1 at Kitende, lost the return leg in Obeid against Al-Merrikh 1-0 to bow out at the first preliminary round.
The team returned home on Tuesday but even with less time to rest, they will be fancying themselves having been in action since a month or two back when they visited Tanzania for the CECAFA Kagame Cup.
The League and Cecafa champions, will be hoping to seal off a concluded season with a treble.
BUL FC on the other hand, lack depth in quality after the concluded Transfer window where they lost a couple of players who lifted the team to this stage.
They have consequently included some players from their Junior side to finish up the job as new signings are all ineligible after FUFA confirmed that licenses for the 2020-2021 season will only be considered.
The Uganda Cup Stats
- Won the record a joint-record 10 times (with KCCA) and lost the finals four times.
- They were eliminated by Maroons at the round of 32 last season
- They have beaten Kyetume, URA, and KCCA FC to reach this stage.
- They have never won this competition nor reached the final
- BUL were eliminated by Mvara Boys at round of 64 last season
- They have beaten Blacks Power, Kigezi and Proline to reach this stage
Express FC – Denis Otim, Enock Walusimbi, Arthur Kiggundu, Isa Lumu, Murushid Juuko, Daniel Shabena, Mahad Yaya Kakooza, Muzamir Mutyaba, Eric Kambale, George Senkaaba, Martin Kizza
BUL FC – Sanon Munabi, Walter Ochora, Aggrey Madoi, Richard Wandyaka, Martin Aprem, Godfrey Akol, Allan Kiggundu, Ambrose Kirya, Musa Esenu, Fredson Gwoto, Joseph Ssemujju
How To Watch
- The match is live on UBC TV, and a livestream will be shared minutes to kickoff on FUFA Youtube channel.
- Follow live text updates on The-SportsNation social media pages.