Fresh from Olympics, Prisca Chesang has been included in Uganda squad for the upcoming World Athletics U20 Championships in Nairobi, Kenya.
Chesang made her Olympics debut in the recently concluded 2020 Tokyo games, finishing 15th in her heat.
Then, she posted 15:25.72 in the 5000m just a week before turning 18.
In Nairobi, she has entered in both 5000m and 3000m in search for a medal bracket.
Uganda has sent a team of 10 athletes for the event due August 17-20, 2021.
The team is set to fly out to Nairobi this Sunday (August 15), a statement from Uganda Athletics Federation has confirmed.
Uganda Contingent to World Juniors
Team Uganda: Chebet Scarlet (5000m), Maru Peter (1500m), Yeko Dismus (3000m), Dan Kibet (3000m), Chemutai Leonard (3000mSc), Toroitich Ndiwa (3000mSc), Kibet Rodgers (5000m), Kiprotich Martin (5000m), Orogot Tarsis (100m/200m) and Chesang Prisca (3000m/5000m)
Officials: Coach Charles Mukiibi, Coach Moses Asonya, Suzan Laker (Chaperon) and Peter Chelengat (Manager).
Uganda has won 13 medals since inception in 1986.
- Francis Ogola – Bronze (400m), 1992 Seoul
- Julius Achon – Gold (1500m), 1994 Lisbon
- Paskar Owor – Bronze (800m), 1992 Annecy
- Dorcus Inzikuru – Gold (5000m), 2000 Santiago
- Boniface Kiprop – Gold (10,000m), 2004 Grosseto
- Abraham Chepkirwok – Bronze (800m), 2006 Beijing
- Benjamin Kiplagat – Silver (3000m SC), 2008 Bydgoszcz
- Annet Negesa – Bronze (800m), 2010 Moncton
- Jacon Araptany – Bronze (3000m SC), 2010 Moncton
- Joshua Cheptegei – Gold (10,000m), 2014 Eugene
- Jacob Kiplimo – Bronze (10,000m), 2016 Bydgoszcz
- Peruth Chemutai – Silver (3000m SC), 2018 Tampere
- Jacob Kiplimo – Silver (10,000m), 2018 Tampere