Tuesday, June 15
*MYDA vs BUL, Tororo
*Police Vs Bright Stars, Lugogo
- MYDA goal keeper Osikol Isaac returns in goal after missing out on the last league game against Wakiso Giants.
- Midfielder Mutebi Peter, defenders Mande Martin plus Outta Dickson and forward Nsimbe Ibrahim are doubtful for tomorrow’s game due to knocks and injuries sustained during trainings.
- BUL FC will be without forward Robert Mukongotya who is suspended due to accumulation of Yellow cards.
- Ambrose Kirya is a long term absentee while Akol Godfrey is doubtful for the game but will wait for a late fitness test.
MYDA – Osikol Isaac (GK), Mafabi Isma, Lojum Brandy, Muledhu Faisal, Etojo Amos, Basoga Derrick, Okello Stephen, Bassi Mark, Mpata Rashid, Musamali Paul, Kirya Amos.
BUL FC: Abdul Kimera (GK), Denis Okot, Walter Ochora, Jimmy Kulaba, Kenneth Semakula, Elvis Kibaale, Aggrey Madoi, Richard Wandyaka, Simon Peter Oketch, Joseph Semujju, Musa Esenu.
Preview: Win or Burst For MYDA
MYDA FC will be relegated if they fail to beat BUL at King George IV Memorial Stadium.
With four games left, mathematically, Myda who sit 15th with 14 points can still avoid being relegated if at all they win all their games, and pray other results go their way.
Financial constraints, failure to host games in Malaba and poor recruitment has seen MYDA stage a mediocre performance in the top flight.
Now they have to play each game like a final, even though the ball is no longer in their hands. And the fact that there will have no fans to cheer them up, makes the mountain more huge to climb.
Bul FC will be looking at completing a league double against the relegation threatened side.
When they met first in the league, BUL registered a 4-1 victory courtesy of Musa Esenu, Simon Peter Oketch, Ntege Anwaru and Joseph Ssemujju goals.
Heading into this game, the jinja based side is highly motivated having registered their first win under their new coach Alex Isabirye, with the victory coming against Onduparaka in the last game.
Also, having it in mind that they are not yet safe from the relegation dog fight, as they are 4 points above safety, they will all go out in search for victory.
Ahead of the game, Bul FC head coach Isabirye says he is aware of the threat MYDA poses but he is positive they will get the needed result:
“We are playing a stubborn side, this team scores they loose games but not convincingly, they try their level best to win but maybe get disorganized towards the end.
“So we Know very well that they are good, as you when teams are fighting for survival, players tend to play well so that they can get good clubs. I Know the game will not be very easy at all but we shall win and my players are ready.”
- They lost to BUL FC away from home in their first meeting this season.
- They currently sit 14th, with 14 points after 26 games played.
- They have won one game in their last five league games.
- Bul FC won the reverse fixture by 4-1 when they hosted the Malaba based side.
- They currently sit 11th on the log with 30 points after 26 games played.
- They have registered one win in their last five games.