Saturday, February 6
*Vipers Vs MYDA FC – 3pm (St Mary’s Stadium, Kitende)
- The Venoms will be without winger Milton Karisa who is nursing a thigh injury he got while on Cranes duty at CHAN.
- Aziz Kayondo and Bobosi Byaruhanga are with the Uganda Hippos, alongside Najib Yiga, Ivan Asaba and Richard Basangwa
- Yunus Ssentamu is the latest signing, returned to the club since departure to join Tirana in Albania.
- Derrick Basoga remain the only injured player at MYDA. He is yet to play this season after picking an injury in training.
- Batali Moses (attacking midfielder), Samuel Mwanje (Centre back), Faisal Muledu (left back) are back after missing the draw against Mbarara.
- The club added Paul Musamali and Fred Okot, but Isaak Doka joined Western Stima in Kenya.
(Players will sit out if test positive for Covid19)
Vipers SC XI – Fabien Mutombora, Bashir Asiku, Dissan Galiwango, Livingston Mulondo, Halid Lwaliwa, Karim Watambala, Jamil Kalisa, David Bagoole, Caesar Manzoki, Shaban Muhammad, Ibrahim Orit.
MYDA FC XI – Isaac Osikol, Dickson Outta, Samuel Mwanje, Faisal Muledu, Martin Mande, Stephen Okello, Amos Etojo, Moses Batali, Ibrahim Nsimbe, Ojik Norman, Rashid Mpata
The StarTimes Uganda Premier League returns from a long break with the first of two rescheduled games.
The other tie will see Vipers take a short trip to Betway Muteesa II Stadium in Wankulukuku on Tuesday.
Before the Express tie, Vipers have a MYDA FC date to settle.
The Venoms have been unconvincing in their opening three games – Sharing spoils in a 1-1 draw with Wakiso Giants, needing two late goals to topple minnows Kitara at Kitende and jumped from jaws of defeat to beat Busoga United.
The long break must have given coach Fred Kajoba enough time to re-energise.
“It’s the work we’ve been doing on the pitch for weeks now and its been going well. we’ve to score and equally defend well,” Kajoba told the club media.
“The goals we have conceded are avoidable and we are hoping to do better, plus the boys are already aware of the importance of maintaining a clean sheet.”
The visitors on the other hand, have faced it rough since joining the top flight. They have one point to show from their four opening games, coming in form of a 3-3 draw with Mbarara City.
They sit third from the bottom on a 16-team log, and will be hoping to make amends, but a win at the home of champions will be a big ask.
How To Watch
Vipers will allow few of their fans to access the stadium, per the FUFA directive, these must be seasonal ticket holders.
The match will be broadcast live on Sanyuka TV, courtesy of headline Sponsors StarTimes.
You can also follow live updates on our social media pages, and a comprehensive match report plus reactions at full time.
Vipers three games:
*Wakiso Giants (A) 1-1
*Kitara (H) 2-1
*Busoga United (A) 5-3
Position – 8th, Points – 7
MYDA four games
*Police (H) 1-3
*Onduparaka (H) 2-3
*Bright Stars (A) 2-3
*Mbarara (H) 3-3
Position – 14, Points – 1