FUFA has issued strict guidelines clubs must follow to have fans back in stadiums during League games.
KCCA FC became the first club on Friday to have limited fans against Mbarara City FC since the resumption of Sports.
As stated in Article 10(2) of the FUFA COVID-19 Regulations, the fans will only be allowed with written permission from FUFA.
A maximum of 200 fans will be allowed to attend games.
All SOPs must be observed in accordance to the government directives on Covid19.
The guidelines, as issued by FUFA Deputy CEO Decolas Kizza, are as follows:
- Appointment of a club medical liaison officer, club Hygiene Implementation officer and club safety and security officer.
- Registration of season ticket holders not exceeding 200.
- Submission of the list of season ticket holders to FUFA with their full bio data to facilitate tracing when need arises.
- Only season ticket holders (maximum 200) shall access the stadium during competition matches.
- No other person shall be allowed access to the stadium beyond those stipulated in Article 13 of the FUFA COVID-19 Regulations.
- The host team shall provide attendance statistics to the match commissioner and shall form part of his report.
- Strict observance of all Standards Operating Procedures in accordance with directives and guidelines from His Excellency the President of Uganda, the Ministry of Health, other Government agencies, the FIFA and CAF COVID-19 protocol and the FUFA COVID-19 Regulations.
- Any club or football entity that fails to abide by the conditions as set above shall be liable to sanctions including but not limited to monetary fines and withdrawal of the privilege.