Friday, December 11
*MYDA FC Vs Onduparaka FC – King George IV Memorial Stadium – Tororo
*KCCA FC Vs Mbarara City FC – MTN Omondi Stadium – Lugogo (live on Sanyuka TV)
*Busoga United FCVs Kyetume FC – FUFA Technical Centre – Njeru
Saturday, December 12
*Wakiso Giants Vs Vipers SC – Kabaka Kyabaggu Sports Stadium – Wakiso (Live on Sanyuka TV)
*Express FC Vs Soltilo Bright Stars FC – Betway Muteesa II Stadium – Wankulukuku
*Kitara FC Vs Police FC Kavumba Recreation Ground – Wakiso
*UPDF FC Vs BUL FC Bombo Military Barracks Grounds – Bombo
*URA FC Vs SC Villa Arena of Visions – Ndejje University, Bombo
- KCCA will be without midfielder Gift Ali who picked a knock in the team’s 8-0 win over Onduparaka before he was taken off.
- Uganda Hippos duo Joseph Kafumbe and Bukenya Joseph Kizza are available for selection but Musa Ramathan, Bright Anukani and Steven Sserwadda remain ruled while Andrew Kawooya was blocked from joining the club by FUFA until January.
- John Revita, Sadat Anaku and Julius Poloto remain long term absentees.
- For Mbarara City, Bebe Swalik is out with Covid19 while Jude Ssemugabi is still sidelined.
- Makueth Wol is yet to receive his FUFA License.
- The club will continue to be without head coach Brian Ssenyondo who is in Rwanda with Uganda Cubs for Cecafa U17.
KCCA FC – Charles Lukwago (GK), Dennis Iguma, Peter Magambo, Herbert Achai, Andrew Kigozi, Ashraf Mugume, Juma Balinya, Kezironi Kizito, Stephen Mazengo, Brain Aheebwa, Sam Ssenyonjo
Mbarara City FC XI – Mohammad Ssekeba, Steven Othieno, Jasper Aheebwa, Hilary Mukundane, Bamba Souleymane, Pistis Barenge, Solomon Okwalinga, Raymond Onyai, Ivan Eyam, Bashir Mutanda, John Adriko
Preview – KCCA FC Up and Running
The 8-0 win against Onduparaka FC washed away all doubts about KCCA’s title credentials that visibly came under scrutiny in their disjointed performance against Bright Stars on opening day.
Brian Aheebwa, Mbarara’s record goal scorer, has got off to a perfect start. A debut goal at Kavumba and four more against the Caterpillars. His combination with Sam Ssenyonjo has drawn early comparison with some of the best striking pairings the league has ever seen.
In a briefing on Thursday, Coach Mike Mutebi said that he wants nothing but three points because “our ambition is to win the league and also play well.”
As it looks, Mbarara may pose no threat come Friday.
The Ankole Lions put up a fight to draw URA FC on Matchday one but the same cannot be said of their abysmal display against SC Villa at Bombo.
However, their record against KCCA FC is not worrying.
KCCA FC have also received permission to allow limited number of fans into the stadium.
Until the second round of last season, KCCA FC had not beaten Mbarara City FC in a league game!
Filbert Obenchan scored the only goal as KCCA ran away 1-0 winners against the Ankole Lions in January this year at Lugogo. KCCA had lost 2-1 at Kakyeka in the first round, in a game Mike Mutebi did not attend after arriving late to miss the team bus.
This will be the seventh league meeting between the sides, the first four were all draws.
Head To Head
*Mbarara City 0-0 KCCA
*KCCA 1-1 Mbarara
*KCCA 0-0 Mbarara
*Mbarara 0-0 KCCA
*Mbarara 2-1 KCCA
*KCCA 1-0 Mbarara