The first edition of the Uganda Football Fans League will kickoff next month, organisers have confirmed.
The first edition dates are December 20th, 26th, 27th, 31st and January 1st as the fans will look to close what has been a difficult year in style.
The games, uniting top UPL Clubs fans, will be held at Bayern Grounds in Munyonyo from 10am till 8pm.
“This is intended to support local Uganda football and bringing fans together,” said Ismael Kiyonga, one of the brains behind the initiative.
“We have followed all protocols and we are to operate within set guidelines – Only 200 fans watching and all SOPs to be observed including face masks, social distancing and washing hands points to be at Venue.
“We have received all necessary permission from the authorities, and Police will be there to guide us all.
“This is all about playing for fun, especially only established fans football teams with members recognised by specific football Club.”
Kiyonga, a journalist at Akaboozi FM, says that their focus is to use football to refocus fans thinking to local football.
The parent Clubs will be given space to sale club merchandise, register their fans and also use the event to pass over information to the fans.
All clubs sponsors will be given space to brand and promote their products.
Must Know About The Fans League:
- First Edition of the Uganda Football Fans League
- Seven-aside league, each team to register 15 players with a minimum of 2 ladies
- For starters UPL Clubs Fans teams to be considered.
- To register your team, contact fans coordinators on 0782206970 and 0774114126
- One-legged league format
- The dates are December 2020 – 20th,26th, 27th, 31st and Final Day 1st Jan 2021
- Kick off 3pm-8pm, each game lasts 1 hour each half 30mins
- All teams to play donning mother club attires
- Venue, Bayern Grounds Munyonyo.