Mathius Lukwago is the new chairman for the Buganda Cycling Association.
Lukwago was given the mantle to steer the Association forward on Wednesday in a brief event held at Bulange Mengo.
He replaces Hajji Bruhan Ssekibenga.
“We want to support the sport of Cycling so that it at least becomes second to Masaza when ranking the most famous competitions in Buganda,” said Henry Ssekebembe, Sports Minister in Buganda.
Ssekabembe commended the outgoing committee for the work done and pledged to work in tandem to see the sport grow.
The Minister also thanked new partners INBAE (International Bamboo And Ratian Organization) for coming on board
In his remarks, Lukwago talked about uplifting and reviving the glory of the Sport in Buganda.
Lukwago is the founder of Trees of Uganda, a non profit Organisation formed to address the environmental, agricultural, social and economic challenges facing the country.
Through his organisation, Lukwago spearheaded the making of Bamboo Bicycles.
- Mathias Lukwago – Chairman
- Kizito Gerrard – Vice, Administration
- Dr Amanda Ngabirano – Vice, Technical
- Kalyango Fred – General Secretary
- Ssemambo Patrick – Treasure
- Kimbugwe Issa – Public Relations
- Ntege Steven – Marketing
- Buyonod Frank – Technical Competitions
- Hajji Ssekibenga – Chairman
- Kakooza Robert – Competitions
- Nsereko Henry – Secretary
- Buyondo Frank – Treasurer
- Yusuf Mbazira – Cofounder Buganda Cycling Association
- Issa Kimbugwe – Publicity
- Birungi Naila – Sponsorship
- Irene Deborah – Advisor
- Mulamata Chance – Advisor