There were 12 own goals scored last season in the Uganda Premier League (UPL), per Ddiba Stats, a sports data company.
Both Express and Onduparaka FC each conceded twice via own goals.
The first of the season was scored on the league’s first match-day thanks to Ronald Orombi as Maroons lost 3-0 against hosts URA FC at Mandela National Stadium.
The defender sliced the ball into his own net as he attempted to clear a teasing low delivery from Ashraf Mandela.
Here is the list of own goals scored last season:
- URA vs Maroons (Orombi Ronald)
- Busoga united (Issac Isinde) vs Bright stars
- Wakiso giants (Ibrahim Kiyemba) vs BUL FC
- Express FC (Yiga Muhamad) vs KCCA FC
- Mbarara City vs Kyetume (Lubowa Denis)
- Onduparaka FC (Rashid Muhamad) vs SC Villa
- SC Villa (Kiggundu Moses) vs Busoga United
- Police FC vs Express (Peter Mutebi)
- Express FC vs Proline FC (Arnold Sserunjogi)
- Wakiso Giants vs Bright Stars (Andy Kyambadde)
- KCCA FC (Magambo Peter) vs Maroons FC
- BUL FC vs Oduparaka (Andama Denis