Dipu Ruparellia has defeated Incumbent Okee Dusma, Geoffrey Nsamba and Jack Wavamuno to take the Federation of Motorsport clubs of Uganda top seat.
Dipu is the new president of FMU after an election held at Kati Kati restaurant, Lugogo on Sunday.
Dipu collected 36 votes followed by Jack Wavamuno who managed 25 while Dusman (14) and Nsaba (11) finished third and fourth.
Okee had defeated Wavamunno by only one vote in 2016.
Dipu said “we are here to improve Motorsport” and promised to work as a team towards the development of the Sport.
“I am not going to work as Dipu, we are going to work as a team together with every stakeholder,” he said after the victory.
Dipu was a rally driver until 2014, is one of the founders of Uganda Motorsports Club (UMOSPOC).
NCS Deputy Secretary David Katende who observed the elections advised them to get a professional accountant and assured them of increased funding from the government.
Results in brief:
*Assistant General Secretary
- Ziwa Ernest beat Okello Alfred by 62 to 21 votes.
- Blick Irene beat Kibira Reinald by 66 to 19.
*Deputy Vice President Motorcycle
- Kisitu Mayanja (58) beat Joseph Mwangala (7) and Ssemakula George (19)
- Jeff Kabagambe (44) beat Leon Ssenyange (41)
*Vice President General
- Kyemi Ssenkatuka (44) beat Kenneth Kitaliko (23) and Kiz kagolo 20
- Dipu Ruparellia (36) beat Nsamba Geoffrey (11), Jack Wavamuno (25) and Okee Dusman (14)